It was my birthday last Friday & I was lucky enough to receive some lovely birthday make up treats. I’ve never used these products before which has made the trying out part even more fun!
I’ve grouped the products together so hopefully this will make an easy read for you. I’m so excited about bringing to life all the things I love in my life via my channel which will be coming soon. Click on this link You Tube @ Our Little Lives & subscribe so you don’t miss out.
- Urban Decay Naked Illuminated, Luminous Shade – I love how UD presents their products & this sleek compact packaging is no exception which includes an application brush at the bottom of the box. This is perfect to highlight your cheekbones and even your collarbone too.
- Urban Decay Beached Bronzer, Sun-Kissed Shade – I’ve only really used one bronzer (Hoola from Benefit) however decided to try something new and seen a lot of hype about this. Its not as dark as Holla so I found this really great for using this all. This again can be applied to face & body.
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact, Pink Quartz Shade – A friend of mine has raved on about this for ages, I’ve never tried anything of the BB range so I was chuffed to bits when she surprised me with this for my birthday. After using it yesterday I can understand why she loves it so much. There are five shades and it creates a warm pink glow which gives a radiant & light glow. Can’t wait to use this again.
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Exclusive Nudes, Barely Greige By JLo Shade – I’ve been on the hunt for some nude and everyday colours. I’ve used the red shade collection before by L’Oréal (it was by Julianne) and it literally stayed on all night. Applying this felt rich, creamy and definitely produced the desired look I was after.
- Lancome Juice Shaker, Shade Meli Melon & Freedom of Peach – I saw this on someone’s vblog & was was sucked in at how enthusiastic the vlogger was which resulted in me trying two colours. I was a little sceptical they would be like the Juicy Tube Lip Gloss range but there are three noticeable differences 1) They contain nourishing oils & this makes the lipstick non sticky & non drying. 2) The sponge cushion applicator which absorbs just the right dose. 3) they smell incredible which could become addictive. These are great for a natural look & definitely a day use, I did dab this over a good matte lipstick and this works well for changing things up.
- Urban Decay Sheer Vice, Sheer Liar Shade – Definitely my favourite out of the bunch. Its a lipstick that does everything, Matte, Creamy & Sheer, Shiny Finish. I found that with just one application it covers & provides a complete finish. I’ve not test & tried this on a night out which is mega important to me but I have confidence this will not let me down.
- Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick, Nude Delight Shade – Bit of a let down compared to the others & and I think its a combination of the colour & consistency. I’ not sure the shade suits me & after applying this I didn’t feel it had a good coverage.
Face & Mascara
- L’Oreal False Lash Superstar Mascara – I’ve not mastered the art of applying false eyelashes so for the time being I need to rely on a good mascara. You will see from previous blogs I am a big fan of They’re Real & Roller Lash both from Benefit. I was hoping with the two steps this mascara as to offer 1) volumising primer and 2) lengthening topcoat, this would really give my lashes the wow factor but unfortunately this did not live up to my expectations or the benefit products.
- L’Oreal Cushion Foundation, Golden Beige Shade – If you’re in a rush & don’t have time to faff about then this is perfect. Application is really quick & the small sponge that this comes with allows you to dab on the places on your face where you you need coverage. I would definitely take this out on a night out if I wanted a little top up too.
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation, Classic Beige – Instantly loved this product. I’ve used it nearly every day since having it! At only £5.99 for me this does the same job as the high end products. I really feel this suits my skin tone & coverage is excellent.
Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Lightweight Primer – Similar to the Rimmel foundation, this is cheap at just £7.99 & does the job. I currently use Smashbox Photo Finish which I do love however I can see me using this one for every day use or if I’m nipping out for a few hours.
Too Faced, Better than Sex Mascara – This has been featured in lots of magazines & online blogs & I’ve been looking forward to trying this out. As I said before I’m really fussy with what I expect from a mascara & after using this a few times this is a grower. Unlike the L’Oréal one this really does has the potential to make my eyelashes full & volumised. Its a keeper.
Hope you enjoy reading about my birthday make up treats & this has inspired you to try some of these fantastic products out for yourself, let me know how you get on.
Big Love Nicola x