Wondering what to do at half term or simply a family day out… well we took a ride to Conkers. It is located in Derbyshire & took about 90 minutes to arrive and even though Charlie said “are we there yet” about a hundred times the little extra car journey was not a disappointment. There’s 120 acres of adventures in the forest with indoor & outdoor play plus interactive exhibits. There is enough there to keep the whole family entertained.
Things to do outdoors…
- Ride on the Conkerchoo Train – This is a really short trip from The Discovery & The Waterside Centres
- Barefoot Walk – Go bare foot and walk across timber, bark, coal pebbles and much more. It wasn’t the right time of the year for us wusses
- Activity Trail Challenge – It has eighteen stages & aimed at 13yrs plus, however with a little help Charlie was able to do a few things
- Explorer Dome – This is for both young & older kids. The Dome challenge tests to see if you can cross without touching the ground
Other outdoor activities include fantastic woodland walks, labyrinth maze, the sky viewing tower and water play area.
Things to do indoors…
- Tree Top walk – Make your way through a moving forest canopy at night to the mines and the caves beyond
- Mineshaft – At the end of the Tree top walk, there’s only one way down from here
- Discovery – Explore the life of the Woodlands with over their indoor interactive exhibits in four seasonal zones
- Ants – See giant Ants and Beetles and learn more about them
Other indoor activities include scary troll and enchanted forest play zone
We brought the admission ticket and organised this the previous night where I received a 20% discount. You can upgrade so you have access to additional activities such as High & Lo Ropes and Outdoor Pursuit Games.
Facilities were good too – restaurant in the main area (Charlie had a kids meal box and we had burger and chips), toilets & baby changing facilities in both centres.
I would definitely recommend this place, its aa great day out and with lots of activities to do – look forward to returning back again.
Big Love Nicola xx