For those in UK, I’m sure you’d all agree the weather has been far from kind and given that for the majority of us, having a 3 day weekend, we were all optimistic about getting outside and enjoying some well overdue warmth…. BUT the rain has come down in bucket loads. With time on my side, I decided to sort through my old make up & welcome some new products I’ve recently purchased.
Having de-cluttered my make up and raring to looks fabulous, given that I had no where to go, I had the urge to see if my “You Tube” obsession of watching make up video’s tutorials had finally paid off. So I thought I’d share with you how I transformed my look as well as the products I used to get me there. So this is the look: –
I’ve tried to breakdown each element of this, so that it makes it as easy as possible for you guys to follow: –
Products for phase 1 – primer, foundation & contour: –
- After moisturising, lightly cover your face with “that gal” & “the pore professional” both by Benefit; I blend these products together for a fab glow base.
- I then apply bare minerals powder all over; shade fairly light, N10. This is lighter than my usual colour but due to the lack of sun and tan, its great to start light and build up.
- Pro-conceal, Natural; this is my new product and I love it (saw this on a you tube video), I brought mine from Amazon www.amazon.co.uk/pro-conceal/natural and was only £3.37. I use this underneath my eyes my eyelids and between by brown working to the middle of my forehead.
- Sponge make up blender; also a new product after watching video’s, again from Amazon www.amazon.co.uk/spongeblender, only £4.99 for a set of four. I soaked this pink sponge in water, squeezed out any excessive water and did the same using a towel. I found this really easy to use and worked well.
- Contour Kit by Luxe Elixir; after using benefit hoola to contour for the first time, I decided to try the real thing but tested the water with a reasonable price contour kit, found this on Amazon (you’ll see a theme here ha ha) www.amazon.co.uk/contourbyLuxeElixir, at only £13.95 and a 4.5 star rating, this was a no brainer and did not let me down. This came with a step by step guide which was great for novices like me. I only needed two of the pallets for my look, which was Sun Beam & Bare It All.
Products for Phase two – Eyes & lipstick: –
- Barry M Cosmetic Brow, medium to dark; I’ve always used Benefit Brow kit or Benefit Gimme Brow and both of these work really well, however after a recommendation from a friend, thought I’d try this. At only £5.99, this is a real bargain and does the job (https://www.barrym.com/product/Brow-Kit-). I liked it so much and as the price was so reasonable I’ve also now ordered this in the light to medium shade too.
- Bare Minerals The Regal Wardrobe; I used just three of the eye shadow colours, “Natural” this was used as a base for my lids, I blended “Cognac” in the crease, finishing off with “Regal” towards the edge of my eyes.
- Cream Eyeshadow by Rosie for Autograph – Sparkle & Magic; I had been desperate to get my hands on some of her products following fab reviews & you tube videos. I applied this at the bottom of my lid, across the eyelashes, to give a smokey but not too heavy look (http://www.marksandspencer.com/cream-eyeshadow-sparkle-and-magic/p/p22445285?image=SD_07_T22_5227_GN_X_EC_0&color=AlmondEyes&prevPage=plp only £12.50)
- Liquid Eyeliner by Rosie for Autograph – Intense Black; Previously using Benefit Liquid eyeliner & Benefit They’re real push up, I was looking forward to trying something new again, this was a phenomenal buy, allowing me to apply perfectly (http://www.marksandspencer.com/liquid-eyeliner-intense-black/p/p22445299?image=SD_07_T22_5228_Y0_X_EC_0&color=BLACK&prevPage=plp).
- Mascara – Benefit “Roller Lashes” & “they’re real”; I find using both of these (roller first), gives you a fuller look, both of these products have been a fav of mine since they were launched.
- Lip Glossy by Rosie for Autograph – My Best Girl Friend; this beautiful colour shade of pink applied smoothly and didn’t feel like your normal sticky lip gloss, definitely a new fav (http://www.marksandspencer.com/lip-glossy-lights-camera-action-2-5g/p/p22445250?image=SD_07_T22_5225_A0_X_EC_0&color=SWEETNOTHINGKISSES&prevPage=plp).
I hope you guys have found this useful, please feel free to leave any comments about your loves and loathes. You don’t always have to spend lots of money on high end products to feel fabulous, I managed to do it and in the comfort of my own home 🙂
Big love Nicola xx